Monday, October 10, 2011

My Curry Powder

Today I mixed up my own formula for Curry Powder, from the recipe below.

5 1/4 t. Turmeric
4 1/8 t. Coriander
1 1/2 t. Cumin
1 1/8 t. Cardamom
1/8 t. Fennel
1/8 t. Allspice
1/8 t. Fenugreek
1/8 t. Licorice

All the herbs I found already ground except the Fennel and Fenugreek and as I ground them with a mortar and pestle the amounts came out a bit different. I ended up with 3/8 t. Fenugreek and 1/4 t. Fennel. Fenugreek and Licorice can be bought at a health food store.
I roasted them together in a dry pan heated from low to moderate for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly. Then I let the herbs cool and placed them in a covered jar to be stored for about a month. Then, I'll make curry sauce from scratch. Boy, does my house smell good!

No comments:

Post a Comment