Thursday, October 27, 2011

Cream of Potato Soup

When I come off a fast of more than 3-4 days I like to ease my body into it. (I've tried eating heavier foods and meat right after a fast and it's not worth the belly ache!) So, for breakfast I have a smoothie to reintroduce fiber. For lunch I like to have a nice cream soup, bringing back cooked foods and some soy protein. Then for dinner I'll have a big green salad. I use a little apple cider vinegar as a dressing usually, because avocado or olives serve as the oil.
This is today's cream soup.
1 sm. Red Onion
1 Stalk Celery
1 Carrot
1 chunk Sweet Potato
2 sm. White Potatoes
Opt. A couple of Mushrooms
Bouillon Cubes enough to flavor 2C. liquid
Water
2 C. Soymilk

Spray a frying pan with Olive Oil nonstick spray. Add Veggies (about 2 C. total) and about 1/2 C. Water. Cook til veggies are barely soft, adding enough water to the pan to keep the juices liquid. This will save both flavor and nutrients for the soup instead of leaving them stuck on the bottom of the pan.

Pour 2 C. Unsweetened Soymilk into a blender. Add the veggies and juices. Blend til smooth and serve in a nice big mug. Makes about 4 C., enough for 2, 2 C. servings. Garnish with Parsley and Black Pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment